I’ve been blogging for a little over 7 years. If you take a look at my first couple of posts you’ll notice two things:
- The Blog Was Called “Word At The Resurrection” (Resurrection is the name of our middle school program).
- It Was Pretty Painful To Follow (I had no idea who I was writing to or what content to cover).
Over time I found an audience (youth ministers in the trenches) and I discovered the content I wanted to cover (leadership, systems and structures, ministry health, spiritual health and communication). I love writing on this blog because it gives me the opportunity to share what I’ve learned and connect with fellow youth workers in new ways. But this blog is not about me, it’s about giving you the reader content that is valuable and worth your time. That’s why I took a page out of Michael Hyatt’s book and polled readers to learn how I could improve this blog. I’ve taken those results, prayed over them and this is how they will impact Marathon Youth Ministry:
- I’ll Be Posting 3 Times A Week: Over two years ago I was writing 5 days a week and it was becoming extremely difficult to keep up. It was not only difficult as a writer to maintain that pace but for many of my readers as well. I’m now going to post three times a week (Monday, Wednesday and Fridays). While it might appear as if I’m writing less, I’ll actually be writing the same. Recently I’ve become a regular contributor on More Than Dodgeball and you can see my monthly posts on Youth Ministry 360. Also by posting less on Marathon Youth Ministry I’ll have more time to work on books and other projects.
- You’ll Hear Some New Voices: Again this blog is not about me. It’s about equipping you with the resources and insights that will help you grow as a youth minister. That’s why I’m going to welcome guest posts from my friends and coworkers in the trenches. I know I’ve benefited from others letting me post on their site. It’s also given me the opportunity to learn about new voices when I go to a friend’s blog. Therefore, if you are interested in guest posting on Marathon Youth Ministry feel free to send me an email.
- The Format Of The Blog Will Change: I’m currently looking at switching my blogging platform from Blogger to WordPress, which will enable me to do different things on the site. What that is, I’m not entirely sure; however, on top of giving you written word I would like to bring in some video components to Marathon Youth Ministry.
I just want to thank again all my readers for their dedication and loyalty. If you’ve enjoyed this blog, I strongly encourage you to subscribe via email. As projects like my book roll out there will be subscribers will receive updates and news before regular readers. Plus email subscribers will have opportunities for freebies, and who doesn’t like that?
Thank you for everything and being a part of this journey. I look forward writing and growing with you over the next 7 years.
Feel Free To Comment.